Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-1.9.0 not generating required alerts

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:32:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, archana rao wrote:

   I followed the steps you had mentioned, and now I
have discovered another problem.Snort-1.9.0 is not
accepting the -s(log alerts to syslog) command line
option.It gives me either a "fatal error, quitting"
error message, or prints out the "USAGE:...."
message.I noticed that I was getting the alerts in
Snort-1.8.7 when I was using the -s option and so,
when I tried doing the same thing, Snort-1.9.0 doesn't
seem to be able to recognize the option.Any ideas?

There's a bug/feature in 1.9.0 with the -s parameter.  It's expecting a
parameter and it really doesn't need one.  If you just replace the "-s" with a
"-s foo" then all should be well.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams