Snort mailing list archives

Re: Running Snort 1.9.0 from shell script

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:41:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Eric Joe wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I installed Snort fresh and it only gives me that
error if I run it from my little shell script, otherwise it works fine, so
its prob not a mis-named variable.

Actually, I'd have to say Michael is right.  I'd be willing to be that you are
using an old config file from another version in your script.  What I would
suggest is to download the tarball, not the RPM, and then grab the .conf from
it.  Config it and then use "-c /wherever/snort.conf"

We're not saying you're crazy, we're just saying that it doesn't match/make
sense.  :)  It's the 'law of averages'.  So far you're the only person with
this problem, so it seems that what you're seeing is unique to you.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy