Snort mailing list archives

RE: No Traffic stats showing in my acid main php br owser

From: "Axness, Bob" <BAxness () stjosephswb com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:37:46 -0600

I am a newbie to Snort but I think your problem is...
The interface that is doing the listening needs to be on a hub or a switch
capable of doing port mirroring/monitoring.
If you are on a normal switch listening you won't see/hear anything.  Swap
it out with a hub and I bet you'll see some stats.

Bob