Snort mailing list archives

Re: How can I configue the outplugin for SMB Alerts

From: Alberto Gonzalez <albertg () cerebro violating us>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:29:07 -0800

alert_smb[1]

is 12:30am too late to start drinking.. :-)

Cheers

   - Alberto

[1] - http://www.snort.org/docs/writing_rules/chap2.html#tth_sEc2.5.4

Atul Shrivastava wrote:

**Hello,**

**Can anyone tell how can I configure the SMB Alerts with MYSQL for snort if you know the solution.**

*I have configured snort as:*

*./configure --enable-smbalerts --with-mysql*

*Now I want to know, how can I configure the output-plugin so that I can be able to get pop-up window in some Windows machine. *

**I am using SnortCenter as a frontend with MySQL and all the common packages.**

**Thanks in advance.**

**Regards and have a nice day,**

**                                              Atul Shrivastava**

*Regards and have a nice day,*

*                           Atul Shrivastava <mailto:atul_iet () yahoo com>*

--
The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching.