Snort mailing list archives

RE: No incoming data

From: "Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" <Philippe.Dhont () searo be>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:51:04 +0100

Hi,
Thnx for the advice.
I did a tcpdump on my eth0 (internal) and i get a lot of data, then i do a
tcpdump on my eth1 (external) and i get almost nothing from data, only a
arp-who is... (2 lines)  But i should get lots of data because Internet and
e-mail are passing that router.
Router and firewall are 10mbit and snort is 100mbit and all of these are
connected via a new 3com HUB.
On the firewall i see lot's of traffic (i can see it on the network traffic
led).
So i don't know why i get no data on my eth1, the fault must be something
different because i don't get any data with tcpdump.
Placing of the systems is like following:

           SNORT ETH1

Router -------HUB-----------> firewall

Philippe Dhont