Snort mailing list archives

Snort 1.8.7 & new rules

From: "Cassani Alexio" <alexio.cassani () bhuman it>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:32:33 +0100

Hi all,
I've installed Snort 1.8.7 on a win2000 server (I've followed the docs
at Silicon Defense), everything is fine, it's all functioning but if I
update the rules with the last ones I got errors when snort is starting.
It seems to be runtime error, the first I get is: bad-traffic.rules(20)
=> Bad protocol name ">134"
I've replaced the new bad-traffic.rules with the old one and I get
another error in the exploit.rules...

The question  is: can I hope to have a Snort 1.8.7
up&running&...updated?

TIA
Alexio