Snort mailing list archives

Re: Memory Issue?

From: Chris Green <cmg () snort org>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:15:35 -0500

"Frank Reid" <fcreid () ourcorner org> writes:

I've been running snort on Mandrake 8.2 (2.4 kernel) for about 18
months, and it's been great.  I use the standard rule sets and log
alerts to a local MySQL database (3.23.53a).  Yesterday, I updated Snort
from CVS (2.0.0beta Build 33) and started seeing strange behavior.  This
may have been the first 2.0beta I pulled from CVS.  Anyway, as soon as I
trigger an alert against the network (something that Snort would
normally catch and log), I'm seeing this error:

      kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp0x1d2/0)

Are you out of memory?  2.0.0 uses a lot more memory on normal than
other snorts.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
To err is human, to moo bovine.