Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems about snort in enterprise environment

From: Atul Shrivastava <atul_iet () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 02:43:46 -0800 (PST)

Ya,
you can do it.
I have done it earlier with the mysql, webmin, acid on
one machine (linux v7.3) and the snort agent on
different machines.
The only difference is that when you edit the
snort.conf file and change the output plugin settings,
you put the host as localhost. instead in this new
situation, you have to write the IP address of the
mysql server. That's all about. It will work.
I am not sure with the snort center but i have tested
it with webmin.
Tell me if some goes wrong.

Regards and have a nice day,

Atul Shrivastava

--- Andrea Iacopini <andrea.iacopini () realtech it>
wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm currently involved in a project which consist of
Snort distribuited
installation.
Snort will monitor different subnets, my idea was to
build a
"complete-sensor" ( snort, mysql, acid, webmin ) for
every module,
anyway in this design
administrative people need to monitor four different
system.
My thought was: is possible to create a single
system Snort installation
with different ethernet devices that watch on
different subnet and log
on the same DB ?
Some suggestions ? Links ?
Regards,

A.

Andrea Iacopini - Networking Solutions
andrea.iacopini () realtech it - Mobile + 39 335
123.44.93

REALTECH Italia S.p.A. - Technology drives
e-Business
Via Paolo di Dono, 73 - 00142 Roma, Italy
Tel. +39 06 51.95.981, Fax. +39 06 51.96.36.74

Real hackers don't die, just their TTL expires.
[Unknown]