Snort mailing list archives

Problems about snort in enterprise environment

From: "Andrea Iacopini" <andrea.iacopini () realtech it>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:31:50 +0100

Hi guys,
I'm currently involved in a project which consist of Snort distribuited
installation.
Snort will monitor different subnets, my idea was to build a
"complete-sensor" ( snort, mysql, acid, webmin ) for every module,
anyway in this design
administrative people need to monitor four different system.
My thought was: is possible to create a single system Snort installation
with different ethernet devices that watch on different subnet and log
on the same DB ?
Some suggestions ? Links ?
Regards,

A.
Andrea Iacopini - Networking Solutions
andrea.iacopini () realtech it - Mobile + 39 335 123.44.93

REALTECH Italia S.p.A. - Technology drives e-Business
Via Paolo di Dono, 73 - 00142 Roma, Italy
Tel. +39 06 51.95.981, Fax. +39 06 51.96.36.74