Snort mailing list archives

WebDAV

From: Yaakov Yehudi <yehudi () tehila gov il>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:42:19 +0200

Can anyone tell me if the WebDAV file lock alert can be triggered by anything other than an intentional attempt to lock a file for editing etc.

Some ISPs have offered a range of  reasons for this alert - including:
"worms";
"our client has no idea what you are talking about";
and ... "Apparently, normal traffic is causing your alarm to sound. If you click on the animated banner to the right of the "NFC News First Class" logo, on this site: http://www.nfc.co.il/04-11-2002.html?04-21-11. It evidently triggers your alarm. We investigated this from our customer behavior, and no wrong doing has occurred."

I'll be grateful to hear your replies. I'm quite puzzled.

Best Regards, YY