Snort mailing list archives

RE: Small Footprint system for sensors

From: "Scott, Joshua" <Joshua.Scott () Jacobs com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:15:16 -0800

For some offices, yes.  In offices that can support a 1U server, that's what
I plan to use.  But many of my offices have their router and firewall
equipment under a desk, or mounted on a wall.  I don't want to deliver a
system which is gonna be in the way.  Plus, if it looks more like a router
instead of a PC, there's less of a chance of some user powering it off!  :-)

Joshua Scott
Security Systems Analyst, CISSP
626-568-7024