Snort mailing list archives

Re: snortrules.tar.gz not updated

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 06:53:10 -0400

Martin Olsson <elof () sentor se> writes:

Hmmm, I just untar:ed snort-1.9.0 and compared its rules with the ones
found in http://www.snort.org/dl/signatures/snortrules.tar.gz.

Apparently the ones shipped with 1.9.0 are newer. Shouldn't
snortrules.tar.gz always contain the latest rules for the stable-branch?

The release process hasn't propigated to the snortrules.tar.gz side of
the house because last night at around 11pm is when I branched/tagged
and said what was stable.

The automatic processes will be there soon.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>