Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-1.8.7 and alert file

From: Michael Scheidell <scheidell () secnap net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:43:21 -0400 (EDT)

The fact that Barnyard will not (yet) generate alerts from the unified
log output files (except for the database output plugin) is a known
deficiency with Barnyard.  I curently run two instances of Barnyard on

Thanks, yep, I went buggy yesterday trying to make it work.
Will look fwd to new versions, or, maybe if we get too much time on our
hands, we might see how to do it and send in patches.

I think we will look at patches for the date/time priblem in 'fast alert'
output first ( i think that if you use GMT timezone, it uses local time
for date even if it used GMT for time)
--
Michael Scheidell, CEO
SECNAP Network Security, LLC