Snort mailing list archives

snort dead but subsys locked

From: Eduard San Anselmo <esananselmo () albasoft com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:40:46 +0200

That's the message I get when writing ~# service snortd status, and I don't know what's wrong. I've started postgresql service before snortd and then I can't make snort work. I've tried the -T option, but the initialization seems to go fine. Even more, when I remove the -D command in snortd script, it will work, but it seems as if it won't go into daemon mode. What's wrong with my snort?
Thanks again, I really appreciate your advices.