Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort wont start, it gives errors for mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10.0

From: Neal Hamilton <nealhamiltonjr () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:48:15 -0500

Thanks, i figured it out at like 3am. :) i just copied the lib to /usr/lib and ran the ldconfig....everything works fine now.
thanks to everybody.
At 09:38 AM 7/31/2002 -0400, Ian Macdonald wrote:
Snort can't find the mysql client library that is used to connect to the
mysql database. I take it you installed mysql using the demarc install? It
might be that you need to run ldconfig or move the libmysqlclient.so to
another location where your operating system will be able to find it.

Psd kicks off snort, it does not know when snort dies so that would explain
why psd says everything is running . I would test using a command like

snort -dev until you can get your snort/mysql issues resolved.

Ian