Snort mailing list archives

Re: I need help with network address setup

From: Scott Nursten <scottn () s2s ltd uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:41:15 +0100

Hey Steve,

Could you tell us a little more about your config. If, for instance, your
network is using 3com switches and you have your sensor plugged into the
switch with no taps / span configs you won't be receiving traffic for the
network on the sensor. :)

Now, the above is (of course) purely hypothetical (and I'm sure this isn't
the case), but without an idea of the physical layout (whether the IDS is
inline or SPAN'd etc) and anything else pertinent to dumping traffic on the
segment(s), we (well certainly I) can't be of much use.

Kind Regards,

--
Scott Nursten