Snort mailing list archives

RE: Activeworx IDS Policy Manager

From: "Slighter, Tim" <tslighter () itc nrcs usda gov>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:06:48 -0600

I have experienced the same issues and also would like to add one more to
the list.  Sometimes, when closing the IDS policy manager, once it has been
re-opened, the managed sensor is no longer there and I have to re-add
everything.  This happens on one IDS policy manager but not on another and
they are both the same version.  As for your particular issue, I believe I
have found a workaround.  For any rules/alerts that I wish to modify or add.
I have created a completely new and separate group that is not normally
included in the snortrule.tar.gz...such as "experimental2.rules".  I place
all ot my customized and edited rules into this group and therefore whenever
I update the rules or update from the web, all of the rules in that group
stay the same and never get modified by any updates.