Snort mailing list archives

Re: Pass Rule not working?

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:18:02 -0400

Is this by chance the answer you need? (from the snort FAQ)

4.7 --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq--

Q: Why does the program generate alerts on packets that have pass rules? A: The default order that the rules are applied in is alerts first, then pass rules, then log rules. This ordering ensures that you don't write 50 great alert rules and then disable them all accidently with an errant pass rule. If you really want to change this order so that the pass rules are applied first, use the "-o" command line switch.