Snort mailing list archives

newbie-writing rules help

From: charella constansia <sharella () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:38:17 -0700 (PDT)

hai,

I hav a question! I'm a newbie so maybe this sounds
like a stupid question to you but please help me.

I want to write some rules.
I problem is that I have a server and only certain
activities are allowed.

For example only traffic from the outside going to
port :80,23,8000,8001,8002 and a few more are allowed.
How must I define this;
I thought of:
alert tcp any anu -> any 1[80,23,8000,8001,8002]
(msg:"Er";)
Is this good. I looked in the Snort users manual but I
couldn't find the answer.

Thanks, I hope that somebody can help me.

sharella () yahoo com