Snort mailing list archives

Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Signature Database is Gone [OT or Administrivia?]

From: "Moyer, Shawn" <SMoyer () rgare com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:56:26 -0500

As an aside, here at my company we have the auto-reply stuff configured at
the server level to work on internal mails only. Out-of-office replies to
external parties make you a sitting duck for social engineering. Suprising
that this hasn't occured to folks who are subscribed to a security mailing
list.

--shawn