Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort dropping packets.

From: Emilio Mira <emial () alumni uv es>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:16:17 +0200 (CEST)

I installed last libpcap version (0.7.1) from tcpdump.org after reading in
the list that redhat libpcap was broken.

Is this problem caused by Snort, libpcap or kernel?. Snort reads packets
from libpcap, so whether Snort says that is processing all packets (0%
drops), must be because libpcap or kernel is dropping packets. So, how
could I know which one is dropping packets?.