Snort mailing list archives

problems with Win32 Service

From: David Lohry <dplohry () iastate edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 01:05:14 -0500

Hey-
I am having problems getting snort to work as a service. I repeatedly get errors no matter which way i start it. It doesn't matter whether I start directory with the program as in snort /service or net start snort or from the gui thing. When I start snort /service from the command prompt, I get [Snort_Service] StartServiceCtrlDispatcher error=2

When I do a net start snort in cmd line or in the interface, I get

A system error has occured. System error 1067 has ocurred. The process terminated unexpectedly.

Everything works but the service. I am running Windows 2000 Pro.

Thanks
David
dplohry () iastate edu