Snort mailing list archives

(no subject)

From: "Earl D. Fife" <fife () calvin edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:47:48 -0400

In Redhat, the /etc/rc.d/init.d/snort creates the file
/var/lock/subsys/snort when snort starts then removes it when the script
stops snort.  You snort process died, but the file remains in
/var/lock/subsys

As root, issue the command
rm -f /var/lock/subsys/snort

Then you can restart snort.

Earl

Quoting Luiz Alberto Cataldo Jr <cataldo_jr () yahoo com br>:

All,

I am with a serious problem.  I am having problems initializing the
Snort.  I am using the Red Hat 7,2, when I enter in/etc/rc.d/init.d
and I execute the command /snortd start and I receive the message OK.
After this I execute /snortd status and I receive the message "snort
dead but subsys locked". I have already looked all the configuration
and I did not find anything wrong. Somebody knows how i could resolve
is.

Luiz Cataldo

Yahoo! PageBuilder - O super editor para criação de sites: é grátis,
fácil e rápido.