Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problem with mysql?

From: "Srijith.K" <srijith () comp nus edu sg>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:52:06 +0800 (GMT-8)

:> I recently got around to upgrading my snort, and have come to a problem.
:>
:> Now I am using IDScenter to start and tweak snort, and it is
:> giving me the
:> following error I cannot find any documentation for....
:>
:> |> Database is down / SQL Query failed

Well anyone have a suggestion how to correct this?

Make sure that MySQL is running. Is it is, maybe you can log into it as
root using
mysql -u root -p snort

and then do a 'show tables' to make sure that the snort database is setup
properly.

Regards,
Srijith.K
School of Computing
National University of Singapore
Singapore

-=[ Quote of the moment ]=-
Proof read carefully to see if you any words out.|

Get over 12,400 quotes/sigs at http://www.srijith.net/codes/