Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort 1.9.0b6 memory leak?

From: "Gray . Brendan" <bgray2 () drc com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:43:40 -0400

I've noticed the same thing.  Mine start at about 13M of usage, and grows
until it consume nearly all physical RAM (approx 54 M) and then starts
chewing on swap.  I've had it running over the weekend and it is currently
using 48M of swap (out of 192M), and 54M of physical RAM (out of 64).

Other than setting my HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET and choosing which rules to
use, my snort.conf is stock.

Brendan