Snort mailing list archives

cant get Apache to launch

From: James Kelly <macubergeek () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 21:23:25 -0400

First of all I'm totally new at snort, so forgive me if I appear overly stupid at this point. I've just built a snort box and have rigorously followed Aidan Carty's wonderful instructions on the subject.

So far I've completed all the install/configurations per Aidan's pdf....but I can't seem to get Apache to launch.
I get this error in /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
[crit] (98Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 443

here are some configs from  /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf

Listen 192.168.1.5:443
Under Dynamic Shared  Object (DSO)  Support section:
<IfDefine SSL>
        Listen 443
</IfDefine SSL>

Port 443

Under SSL support
<IfDefine SSL>
        Listen 443
</IfDefine SSL>

ServerName 192.168.1.5

so can anyone tell me why apache won't launch? and what this error means?

jim