Snort mailing list archives

Re: A lil' Snort Install Help....

From: Nicholas Bachmann <nbachmann () mail davison k12 mi us>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 18:55:56 -0400

Kurupt Kurupt wrote:

Im trying to install Snort on my RedHat 7.2 machine... Im using the install instructions from http://www.snort.org/docs/snort-rh7-mysql.pdf but am a lil confused... DO you need MySql installed with a Webserver and Acid? I tryed google but cant find a simplier TUTORIAL wandering if anyone knows where i can FIND A SIMPLER TUTRIAL just soo i can start using snort to moniter some traffic???? Thanks

No offense here, but if you can't grok this part of Snort you're going to have a lot of trouble when you actually have alerts in a database! You're better off to become a little more familiar with networking and Unix before trying Snort. It'll be a lot better that way.

--
        Regards,
        Nick

        Nicholas Bachmann, SSCP