Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snortsam

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 07 Aug 2002 13:04:41 -0500

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 09:57, Dave Robinson wrote:
Hi all,

I've been using SnortSam for my firewall blocking.  I've got a number of
PIX's and Cisco routers.  It seems to work fine on the routers, but not
on the PIX.  I've sniffed the traffic and it seems to telnet into the
PIX, enter the telnet password, type "enable", but when the PIX prompts
for a password, Snortsam does nothing.  Has anyone else seen this
before?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

if you encounter problems with SnortSam, please let me know about them.
Could you send me a packet trace please? Snortsam should wait until it
get a # back from the PIX and then issue the shun command. Let's take a
look at the trace and see what your PIX says.

Thanks,
Frank