Snort mailing list archives

ACID portscan log parsing (0.9.6b21)

From: Robby <rdesmond () els ucsb edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:47:42 -0700

Dunno if this is improved already in another version of ACID, but since I'm no PHP whiz, I gotta ask:

why does the ereg function in the portscan.log parsing section of ACID (acid_stat_ipaddr.php -> PrintPortscanEvents($db,$ip) ) match not only xxx.xxx.xxx.10 but also xxx.xxx.xxx.10x (initial 3 dot triplets are the same, but final is similar, but is 100 or 101 etc.) when I ask for the porscan events on xxx.xxx.xxx.10/32?

It makes for excessively long tables when requesting portscan events.

Am I asking the wrong people?
-Robby

Robert Desmond
Systems Administrator