Snort mailing list archives

Re: Vol 1 #1833 Msg#10

From: "Joe Pampel" <joe () ardsley com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:32:29 -0400

I hope this isn't a dumb Q, but have you set the timeout in php.ini to something really long?
This fixed some issues for me. If you're dumping ok from mysql directly but not from ACID, that
would be my first guess.

If you followed the SD install schema, you want to go to
c:\winnt\php.ini

edit the line:
max_execution_time =

(put in max # of seconds you think something might take.. use empirical process to determine.. I wound up with 4500.
I'm running NT4 on a PIII 933 with 500MB RAM. Running 2 instances of Snort with full rulesets. Runs great.

and also

memory_limit   (I made ours like 32MB or 64MB or something crazy. 8 is the default.

Perhaps that could help; maybe the functions are timing out.

hth

Joe