Snort mailing list archives

snort 186 does not detect/log any portscans

From: counter.spy () gmx de
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:37:35 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

having installed snort 1.8.6 on a SuSE Linux box with mysql support I have
found that it doesn't detect/log portscans as it had before with 1.8.4, same
setup
(okay, the only difference is: I am now using a Linux box for the database
with ACID, as well ;).

config:
preprocessor stream4: detect_scans detect_state_problems
preprocessor stream4_reassemble: ports all
preprocessor portscan: 0.0.0.0/0 6 3 /var/log/snort/portscan.log

command line:
snort -c path_to_configfile -i eth1

Everything else seems to work fine.
Anyone else having this problem?
Have I missed any changes from 1.8.4?

I guess it's just one of those stupid things that's poking my nose and
giggling:
"Hello, I am the little obvious_user_error, don't you see me?" and I just
don't see it. ;)

Thanks for any help!
Greetings,
D. Liesen