Snort mailing list archives

RE: Alert Method in Snort & SnortSnarf

From: "Potts, Ross A." <RPOTTS () NORTHROPGRUMMAN COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 04:43:05 -0700

I have Snort 1.8.6.  It automatically generates an alert file(I'm running
with no special flags or anything).  Just run snortsnarf against the alert
file and have a seperate directory for it.  For my server, I run against the
portscan log AND the alert file.  My output is to /var/www/html/report/snort
for portscans, and /var/www/html/report/alert for the alerts.