Snort mailing list archives

Alert Method in Snort & SnortSnarf

From: "Pathmenanthan Ramakrishna" <nanthan14 () lycos com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 04:11:48 -0700

hi, i using snort and snortsnarf. Both are working perfectly, but when i run snort,as we know  it group the data into
the log files. How do i create alert file so that when i run snortsnarf i could view the html page where it takes from
the log file?

Does snort creates the alert file in different directory?Normally the log files ar stored in snort/log.

I dont know where to write the alert statement(rule) so that snort could create a alert file when i perform a attack to
a host and detects ICMP packets.

im new to this tools, so i need some help as for my research..please kindly help me..

thanks

with best regards

NANTHAN.R
(postgraduate student)

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp