Snort mailing list archives

AW: Newbie question

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:39:24 +0200

Chewie,

you might take a look on
http://www.lug-burghausen.org/projects/index.html#snort-stat
<http://www.lug-burghausen.org/projects/index.html#snort-stat>  where some
of your wanted configurations are described.

HTH,
Sandro

Hey guys, I am a real newb to Snort, but I am trying to work through it and
learn.  I have Snort 1.8.4 installed and running on my Redhat 7.2 box on a
stealth interface (No IP address) and am looking to do a couple of things.

1.  Upgrade to the latest and greatest
2.  Get alerting working
3. Get it logging to a database
4. Get Flexresp installed and working with it
5. And finally get Demarc up for quick veiwing

What I am looking for is documentation.  The Snort Manual is a great
reference but does not go into all of the things I am asking for.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Chewie

And the Geeks shall inherit the Earth...