Snort mailing list archives

Re: mysql 100% cpu utliization

From: Christian Kuhtz <ck () arch bellsouth net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:43:23 -0400

don't have a work around, but we observed the same thing
in a similiar config although on freebsd.

we ended up decoupling the pieces and imported data into
mysql via barnyard.  that, in addition to periodic
restarts of the snort daemon at time of log rotation
has served us well so far..

thanks,
chris