Snort mailing list archives

Re: Best Way To Handle New Rules

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:59:13 -0400

According to Kevin L Pawloski:
I've noticed that there is no changelog of changes made to the snortrules
tar file. Is there any easy way to find out what rules have changed?
Doing a diff on my machine doesn't seem to output the correct information
since most of the output has not changed.

Any suggestions?

Yeap.

   cd snort/rules && cvs log

I try to log everything in CVS log.  For the most part, thats good
enough.  Sometime in the near future (when we admin our own CVS
server) we will be proving a snort-sigs-changes mailing list that
rule change update emails.

-brian