Snort mailing list archives

Snort and MySQL ./configure problems

From: "Noller, Gregory" <Noller2G () kochind com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:47:58 -0500

Hello and thanks for the support forum.

I'm trying to deploy another snort sensor (I have 6 working now 1.8.3)
reporting to MySql.  Installing on a fresh RedHat 7.2.

I'm trying to ./configure --with-mysql=DIR but I don't know what the DIR is
supposed to be.  I've used /usr/lib/mysql, /usr/local/include,
/usr/bin/mysql.  Sometimes the ./configure fails with an error about cant
find mysql, other times no failure, but still won't run.

I installed MySql from src rpms just because.

I can do a find on mysql and I've tried all the possible config for =DIR but
snort fails and says not configured for mysql.

I remake it and it fails again.  Just want to know what part of mysql is
snort looking for.  The binary, client, .c and .h files or what.

What am I doing wrong?

Greg
Wichita