Snort mailing list archives

'more than one result' error messages

From: weidong xiao <xiaowd () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:10:26 +0100 (BST)

I am running snort-1.8.4, postgresql-7.2, and
ACID-0.9.6B21. Everything seems fine when I start
snort. But after a couple of minutes, there are lots
of error messages generated. The messages are
something like:

database: warning (SELECT sig_class_id FROM sig_class
WHERE  sig_class_name = 'attempted-admin') returned
more than one result
database: unable to write classification
database: warning (SELECT sig_id FROM signature WHERE
sig_name = 'SMTP RCPT TO overflow' AND  sig_rev = 1
AND sig_sid = 654 ) returned more than one result
database: Problem inserting a new signature 'SMTP RCPT
TO overflow'

Could somebody tell me the possible reasons?
Thanks,

Weidong