Snort mailing list archives

Re: SMTP rule needed

From: Paul.Simons () ihsenergy com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:57:22 -0600

Would this catch traffic going to 'hotmail' as well?
Thanks anyway it seems to work
Paul

                    Matt Kettler

                    <mkettler () evi-inc com>              To:     Paul.Simons () ihsenergy com, snort-users () lists
sourceforge net
                    Sent by:                            cc:

                    snort-users-admin@lists.sourc       Subject:     Re: [Snort-users] SMTP rule needed

                    eforge.net

                    09-04-2002 13:57

how's this look (quick hack)?

alert tcp any any -> any 25 (msg:"smtp - mycompany.com";
content:"mycompany.com"; flags: A+; nocase; classtype:misc-activity;)

and for pop3:

alert tcp any 110 -> any any (msg:"pop3 - mycompany.com";
content:"mycompany.com"; flags: A+; nocase; classtype:misc-activity;)