Snort mailing list archives

RE: Setting up Snort on Windows

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:07:41 -0700

Andrew,

Placing a hash mark to remove the line from the config is fine. It does
take some time for alerts to start to show up.

Here is a rule to place into your local.rules file. After you do that be
sure to remove the hash mark in Snort.conf for the include local.rules.
You can either replace the file with this or just past the rule in.

After you have done that be sure to restart snort, to activate the new
rule. Then go to your browser and generate some traffic.

Let me know how that works.

-Michael
--
 mailto:michaels () silicondefense com