Snort mailing list archives

RE: Curse of the cmd.exe

From: "MOLLOY, Brendan, GCM" <Brendan.Molloy () gcm com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:49:13 -0400

Sam Evans wrote:

I was wondering if there is any way to alter a signature (maybe by
using the dynamic rules?) to have it record when a cmd.exe attempt on
port 80 is followed by the server's 200 OK ?

Use URLSCAN on the web servers and block any URL with cmd.exe.  You won't
have to worry about the server giving a 200 OK.

-Brendan