Snort mailing list archives

RE: Best real-time alerting tool

From: John Ruff <john () dndlabs net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:09:53 -0400

One should certainly look into PureSecure from Demarc.  It utilizes SNORT,
Apache, & MySQL.  All the functionality of ACID is their along with
configuration of rules, and sensors themselves...all from the Web interface.
It also includes Alert functionality for Snort alerts and the availability
(up-time) of critical services (HTTP/S, DNS,...etc).  Note that the product
requires purchasing for commercial use (Enterprise Edition), but the Personal
Edition for home use is free.  In my opinion it is ACID on steroids.

You can read more about the product here: http://www.demarc.com

Also you can visit my deployment on my home network here:
https://puresecure.dndlabs.net:8443

Click "Anonymous" at the Login screen.  You will not be able to view rule and
alerting configs bur you can email me if you would like a login for that.

Cheers!
John
--
GnuPG Public Key: https://www.dndlabs.net/pgpkey/listing.php
Key Fingerprint = 73D0 EDCC D5ED A6C0 1324  A85E 4957 D3C6 FA6C F3AE

Message: 1