Snort mailing list archives

RE: Bandwidth Information

From: "Spitzer, Nathan" <Nathan.Spitzer () acs-inc com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:41:04 -0400

If you have a large HD, log the packets in binary to a file on that HD,
record start time, wait till HD fills up (or file reaches some arbitrary
size), record stop time. Now I'm not an expert, but the binary log I would
think should be pretty close to the actual packet size on the wire, so if
you do size/time you should get a good idea.

Nathan Spitzer