Snort mailing list archives

SSL CodeRed et al

From: <bthaler () webstream net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:19:45 -0400

Sorry for the dumb question, and I think I already know the answer, but:

Has anyone heard of a CodeRed or Nimda variant attacking on port 443 (SSL)?

The reason I'm asking, is that we have a web-based interface to an
application that runs its own internal web server (not IIS), and the service
keeps dying.  The developer is claiming that the problem is CodeRed or Nimda
attacking on the SSL port.

We're about to tell them that they're fll of $hlt, but I wante dto run it by
you guys first...

Regards,

Brad T.