Snort mailing list archives

RE: As a newbie, two questions

From: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 11:32:50 -0400

Assuming that 1) you're HOME_NET variable is set correctly, and 2) your sensor is properly placed on a monitoring port
on your switch, then snort should detect nmap scans destined for any machine within the HOME_NET scope.

And you can start snort from the command line and see which include files are loading, as well as the total number of
rules loaded at initialization.

Cheers

Keith