Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-devel] 1.8.4-beta1 feedback?

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:42:19 -0800

"Smith, Donald" wrote:

Jeff, what happened to the synscan kill code I sent you.
Did you reject it for some reason?

Donald.Smith () qwest com GCIA
QIS/WWN Security
303-226-9939 Office
720-320-1537 cell

Donald,

I still have the code, thanks for spending the time working on it.  As
of now it hasn't been integrated into snort due to the use of static
data used within the proof of concept code as well as our desire to
simplify and optimize the code.

We're looking at what can be added to the sp_respond code to try and
shutdown backdoors, etc but I suspect there will be some debate before
that is completed.

-Jeff

--
http://jeff.wwti.com            (pgp key available)
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."