Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-1.8.3 compile with GCC.....!!!!

From: Fyodor <fygrave () tigerteam net>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 00:02:11 +0700

sh-2.05# gcc /tmp/foo.c -o /tmp/foo
/tmp/foo.c: In function `main':
/tmp/foo.c:3: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
as: warning 2: Unknown option "--traditional-format" ignored.
as: "/var/tmp/cc1qhEkd.s", line 22: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - NSUBSPA

I even re-installed gcc 3.0.1 (on HP-UX 11.00) and tried to compile your
program and i get the same message given above.

Well, this is more gcc/port issue rather than snort issue, but try to
install different gcc package, or install binutils all together
(including as). I saw it once on one of the systems, but I forgot how we
fixed it, I think we just downloaded different gcc package (which wasn't
broken).