Snort mailing list archives

RE: MySQL Logging ?

From: "Brian Ipsen" <snort-bipsen () nerdnet dk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:46:52 GMT

Hi! I tried to change the interface to the main interface on the PC, but that didn't give me anything in the sql table either (sniffing in snortd set to eth0 which I also use for communicating with the box through http and ssh) - Trying to "fire" snot to trigger events in the database didn't help... For some wierd reason it seems like bad traffic isn't always logged into my syslog - guess I'll have to check up on things to ensure the basic configuration is right (and my compile options has been set correctly). /Brian