Snort mailing list archives

MySQL Logging ?

From: "Brian Ipsen" <snort-bipsen () nerdnet dk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:54:37 GMT

Hi! I'm trying to get Snort up and running - more or less according to the descriptions (HowTo) on the linuxdoc.org page... But I do not get any logging in the MySQL database ... The logging entry in snort.conf says:
output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT LOG_PID
output database: log, mysql, dbname=snort host=localhost user=snortlog password=xxxxx sensor_name=mysensor The userid/pass etc for the SQL settings are correct, I am able to log in using the mysql command at a shell prompt... I get logging in /var/log/messages (when specifying -s option in /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd) - but nothing is loggend in the MySQL database in the event table ?? Am I doing something wrong, or is it supposed to run like this ? Snort is started in the snortd file like:
daemon /usr/bin/snort -A full -s -d -D \
-i $INTERFACE -N -c /etc/snort/snort.conf where interface for test purposes has been set to lo Regards, /Brian