Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort is too quiet!

From: sirikanya () abxnetwork com
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:31:17 +0700

Hi ,

Now I can see some TCP alerts in ACID (about 57%) but all of them have the
same destination address!
I've already set my NIC to pormisc mode it should see everything going on
in my network right? (or I might misunderstand somrthing).
Any suggestion?

Thank you.

P.S. To everyone who gave me such a wonderful advice before, thank you very
very much.

Best Regards,
Sirikanya Buranabunpot
Advanced Business Exchange Co.,Ltd.
Metro Campus
Tel.  :  (662) 727-4026
Fax.  :  (662) 726-2916
email : sirikanya () abxnetwork com

                      "Guillaume"
                      <guillaume () anteria fr>              To:       <sirikanya () abxnetwork com>
                      Sent by:                            cc:       <guillaume () anteria fr>,
                      snort-users-admin () lists sour         <snort-users () lists sourceforge net
                      ceforge.net                         Subject:  Re: [Snort-users] Snort is too quiet!

                      01/21/2002 05:13 PM
                      Please respond to guillaume

Hi,

Now I remove -l option and snort starts to catch something( thank
you!thank you!) but only ICMP packet!!!!
Is this typically normal ??

Well... it is not typically anormal !! :-)

I also checked  the /var/log/snort it also has the same ICMP
alert and no TCP or UDP .
Forgive me but I'm really new to snort..I have to ask the same
question again; What did I miss?

What's in your snort.conf file ?

Guillaume

[ Sent with SquirrelMail -  http://www.squirrelmail.org     ]